Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Week Long Quarry Search

My roommate Kelly and I have gone several times this week to look for various quarries in Bloomington for lay-out purposes. Well, ok, she really wants to jump off of them, but I'm a big scaredy cat who HATES heights and probably wouldn't do it if you paid me. I guess you can see these said quarries in the movie Breaking Away, but of course I'm probably the worst Hoosier ever, and I've never seen it.


Outfit
Kelly's Hat and Flip flops: Charlotte Russe
Kelly's Coverup: Homemade
My Hat, Coverup, Swimsuit: Target
My Flip flops and Bag: Old Navy
My Sunglasses: Anthropologie

We ended up finding a few, but couldn't really GET to them. Next week we're going to try another one that we're pretty sure we know how to get to and where to park. Of course this is all illegal, as some of these are still active quarries and all are private property, but as Kelly's dad says "The worst they will do is tell you to leave!"

(Safari Kelly attempting to find a path to one of the quarries we found)


This week's quarries adventure just ended up at the pool in order to still squeeze in a little sun... and I didn't mind that one little bit! I'll keep you updated if we ever end up actually making it to these famed quarries!




4 comments:

  1. love the shades and that swimsuit looks fab! Nice pics too, looks like you guys had a really nice day out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that lake looks incredible! It's so beautiful, is that the one you jump into? Because if so, you should still swim in it :p

    I love your hat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. look at me all rubbing oil on myself in the background! haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by- I always love hearing from you xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails