My friend Mandy was in town from St. Louis this weekend, and on Saturday we set off to explore a section of Chicago I had not yet been to. It's called "East Ukrainian Village" (or East Village) and has a lot of vintage shops and much to my delight an amazing Western store called Alcala's. We're talking walls upon walls of cowboy boots. It's a shame I don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on them. I'll definitely be going back, as they also had some really awesome belts and really cheap real leather purses.
One of the vintage stores was called Kokorokoko and is specifically 80's/90's. What I wouldn't have done to have THAT around back in high school when those were frequent party themes. I ended up getting a few more buttons for my denim vest and a "brief purse" (It's a purse that just has a built in handle so it makes it feel like a brief case? I don't know, I like the way it felt in my hand AND it was sparkly.) and Mandy got a ring and a necklace.
We also made a stop at Margie's ice cream, a place we had both heard of. It's a super old school ice cream and candy shop with THE BIGGEST sundaes ever. Seriously, huge. And they come with an entire side of fudge. REALLY GOOD fudge. Thank god we had not eaten lunch that day.
This weekend overall was a pretty good one for Chicago exploration, and I'm definitely looking forward to doing more of that in the near future.
There is a place near my house that has boots like that and every time I go in I find about 50 pairs I cant live without! Of course I end up leaving them all at the store, I don't have nearly enough outfits that would go with cowboy boots to need to own 50 pairs.
ReplyDeleteYou look amazing!!!!
ReplyDeleteyour bag.... I want it!!!
ReplyDeletexo mele from australia
http://falalamele.blogspot.com
That sundae looks so good, yummy!! This place looks really fun, love the sound of vintage shopping. Your outfit is lovely, blue looks gorgeous on you.
ReplyDeleteI really love your dress, the pattern is so pretty, and your purse is great too. The places you visited sound so perfect, I especially would go crazy over the 80's/90's vintage shop, I love the Like a Virgin 80's era clothing with the lace, black, bangles, etc.
ReplyDeleteMmm sundaes, I have a soft spot (by soft I mean my belly from excessive ice cream eating 0_o) for ice cream. These look delish.
You look super cute, I forgot to ask, where is your dress from?
<3Honeysuckelle