Sunday, December 27, 2009

2nd Annual Bros and Ho Ho Hoes Outing

I am not sure why this event even originated, but I think it was some ploy of our guy best friends to get us to go to a strip club. Now, as trashy as this may sound as it is, make that an 18+ strip club in Evansville, IN and you can only imagine how the trashy factor multiplies exponentially. Regardless, it's always been a hilarious event and provides the opportunity to dress and do our makeup HOWEVER we want because regardless of what we're wearing, we're bound to be classier than someone, and I actually really liked the outfit I ended up wearing. We ended up getting around 20 friends together, guys AND girls, and it was a total blast. In this town sometimes it's nice to just get out and do SOMETHING, as unfortunate as it is that a strip club is one of the only options when half of us are still waiting on our 21st birthdays! (Picture above is my best friend Steven and Me)

It had been FOREVER since I wore my Steve Madden boots, and they went perfectly with my lacy leggings from Target, so I brought those out of the closet (Or more accurately, the trunk of my car, which has long since served as an extension of my shoe collection). I paired it with the Black/Pink Target dress (Above) which I unfortunately couldn't get a great picture of without a real camera, but I think that's been in at least a few other posts so you get the general idea. I think it's kind of just become my go to dress when I'm not sure what else I want to wear with leggings.

I got a little wild with the eyeshadow and used a new turquoise Color Girl pressed powder shadow on most of the lid, with thick black liner, black shadow on the crease, and blended white along the top. For eyelashes I believe I started with Rimmel London Lash Flirt (love IT! Perfect for long but not too thick lashes) and then added my Lash Blast on top of it for a little extra volume. Pardon the horribly dark eyebrows in the next picture, it occurred to me I took the picture before I powdered down the filler color!! I really liked the overall effect of the shadow once it wore in a little bit because it made my eyes look so blue, which is nice when they're usually busy trying to decide whether they're grey, green, blue, or hazel!

I was even more pleased with how my hair turned out- which brings me to another tip I've been dying to share and just haven't gotten around to it. I actually read it in People magazine from one of the hairstylists (I think) for the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. To get the look they use for hair, they recommend using a curling iron and curling each section of hair the opposite direction as the section before it to prevent it from all going together. Once it's all curled, just brush it out/run your fingers through it a few times, and you get the relaxed curly look! I also put a little shine serum on it after I've brushed it out a little to reduce any frizz.

This tip was a lifesaver for me because my hair has always tiptoed the line between wavy and curly, so it's nice to have something to do with it that isn't too hard but makes it look ok. I've also found that the longer you've gone since curling it, the better it looks! (Opposed to curling your hair and it going flat/coming together and looking awful, which tends to be the case with mine) I'm sure this tip would work even better if you've got longer hair. I've been trying so hard to grow mine out for so long, and I'm pretty happy with the length it's at right now. The headband it's thrown back in above just kind of helps tame it when I get sick of it being in my face, a problem I have sometimes when my bangs are at the length they are now.

I'd love to know if any of you with shorter hair try this and if it works out! I think it could create the super cute 20's looking hairstyle of a loosely curled bob, so I'd love to see the results.

Hopefully I'll be getting a Christmas post up within the next few days- it was a very good mellow Christmas here at the Hoover house! I'll also have one with lots of pictures from a little "Reindeer Game" get together a few friends and I had last night- complete with gingerbread houses, reindeer costumes, and more! I also hope Santa brought those of you who celebrate Christmas everything you wanted this year ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by- I always love hearing from you xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails