Maybe running away is not only the easy option but also the most adventurous. After all, I know better than anyone when I'm ready to just move on from something, right? I know that's no solution to big problems in most cases, but I don't really have any of those. Just minor annoyances, boredoms, and separations from old friends. I've spent the last year and a half internally battling the maintenance of how things were vs. letting go and creating what will be. And laying it out like that, I think the choice has become quite clear.
The Rolling Stones said it best with Ruby Tuesday: "Yesterday don't matter, if it's gone." I know who my real friends are, and that mostly comes down to the ones who have stuck with me even when we're not able to be completely in each others lives. The ones who have also changed, but in the ways that matter remain the same.
Now can't we all just stop trying to revive the dead and move on with the living?
The Rolling Stones said it best with Ruby Tuesday: "Yesterday don't matter, if it's gone." I know who my real friends are, and that mostly comes down to the ones who have stuck with me even when we're not able to be completely in each others lives. The ones who have also changed, but in the ways that matter remain the same.
Now can't we all just stop trying to revive the dead and move on with the living?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by- I always love hearing from you xoxo