This album has been a MUCH ANTICIPATED release for me. Even more so with the fact that the few tracks available on Spotify mysteriously disappeared a few weeks ago, leaving me with YouTube as the only source for any of her music.
Lana Del Rey first came onto my radar with a feature of the song Video Games in an episode of Gossip Girl, but a lot of people are now familiar with her due to her not-so-inspiring performance on Saturday Night Live. I certainly don't think it was TERRIBLE, but for anyone who already knew her music it was clear she was nervous and not performing as well as her other live performances available on YouTube. For those who didn't, many brushed her off and criticism spread like wild fire.

I don't know why everyone has such a strong opinion about her, be it positive or negative, but believe me when I say the album is ABSOLUTELY worth buying. Her vocals are hauntingly beautiful, and I'm quickly finding that each song is more addicting than the last. I have half of the new songs already saved as favorites just after a first listen on Spotify and am now on my way out the door to buy a physical copy. My only complaint might be that some of the songs I have come to love from her YouTube releases didn't make the album. This, however, is easily overcome by the new material.
You can pick the 12 track album up at Best Buy, currently on sale as a new release for $8.99 with a normal list price of $10.99. A deluxe 16 track version is available on iTunes for $11.99. If you're not ready to fully commit yet, check her out on Spotify by searching "Born to Die". I have a feeling that if you like it, you'll love it.
Oh! I remember hearing that song on GG too! THANKYOU for reminding me! Great artist! ^^,
ReplyDeleteI didn't watch her performance on SNL, I think people are being way too hard on her, her fame exploded out of nowhere and it takes time (I'm sure) to adjust to such a thing. Is the album out already? I really want to get it. I love 'Born to Die'!
ReplyDelete<3Honeysuckelle