Who knows WHY I thought it was a good idea to run around in head to toe black in the 90+ degree weather of the Chicago summer, but it really didn't get too bad until the end of the day. I needed something that was not too revealing, comfortable to walk around in all day, and not too risky when it comes to those Chicago winds vs. Skirts/Dresses. Just for the record: Quickest way to take a black outfit and make it pop: ridiculously colorful scarf. Voila!



Yesterday we started off with breakfast at the Bongo Room on S. Wabash in the South Loop. It was REALLY delicious, but way too filling. I'll be posting a review soon over at Wonderland Kitchen (Along with several other amazing restaurant reviews from this Chicago visit! You can currently find a review for the South Loop pizza joint Flo & Santos).
(Red Velvet Pancakes with Vanilla Creme Sauce. You better believe I'll be trying to find my own recipe to share with you guys in the very near future for this delicious little creation!)

Then we had school visits at Northwestern for the little bro, and the School of the Art Institute of Chicago for both of us. I've been looking into a Master of Fine Arts in Visual Communication Design, but after being told that I'd basically just be blowing a cool $80,000 to play around with "studio time" for two years, it didn't seem exactly like what I wanted to pursue after I graduate... as much as I'd love to sit around and craft for two years and call it an education. It did, however, look like a really cool school for anyone who is specifically pursuing art and has an actual undergrad background in it.
We ended the day (night, really) at a White Sox game (the REAL Chicago team) followed by watching the fireworks at Navy Pier from the drive out by the Planetarium. It was a busy busy but really great day overall!!

Yesterday we started off with breakfast at the Bongo Room on S. Wabash in the South Loop. It was REALLY delicious, but way too filling. I'll be posting a review soon over at Wonderland Kitchen (Along with several other amazing restaurant reviews from this Chicago visit! You can currently find a review for the South Loop pizza joint Flo & Santos).
Then we had school visits at Northwestern for the little bro, and the School of the Art Institute of Chicago for both of us. I've been looking into a Master of Fine Arts in Visual Communication Design, but after being told that I'd basically just be blowing a cool $80,000 to play around with "studio time" for two years, it didn't seem exactly like what I wanted to pursue after I graduate... as much as I'd love to sit around and craft for two years and call it an education. It did, however, look like a really cool school for anyone who is specifically pursuing art and has an actual undergrad background in it.
We ended the day (night, really) at a White Sox game (the REAL Chicago team) followed by watching the fireworks at Navy Pier from the drive out by the Planetarium. It was a busy busy but really great day overall!!
By the way, big thanks to Pearls, Lace, and Ruffles because I was one of the winners of her 300 followers giveaway! I can't wait to get this adorable little collection of jewelry and put it to good use. I promise to post as soon as it comes in :-) (And thanks to all of MY new followers! Again... it means a lot that any of you actually read this! I've been working on pulling stuff together for a giveaway of my own, and that will be happening soon!)


congrats to the prizes, love your blog :D you look great!!!! <3
ReplyDeleteI love me a good scarf! I just bought two this past week! Love the pop of color!
ReplyDeleteI love this...black with a nice in your face scarf, it looks fab. What are red velvet pancakes, I've been hearing about them everywhere?
ReplyDeleteS x
Hope you like your goodies! That scarf is so pretty. xo
ReplyDeleteIm new reader to your blog and I allready love it.
ReplyDeleteVery cute scarf.
http://malou-welovecurves.blogspot.com/