Monday, July 12, 2010

Outfit Post: We're Off to See the Wizard!

The school corporation I graduated high school from always does a summer musical, and this summer it was none other than one of my favorites of all time... THE WIZARD OF OZ! It was a really great production, particularly on the parts of the Scarecrow, Lion, and The Wicked Witch! (Ok, the Wicked Witch is my good friend's little sister, so I'm a little biased, but she really was fantastic!) It was really tempting to try to get a picture of the actual musical, but, since they told us no photography, I tried to actually follow that. I REALLY wish I had a picture of Glinda's dress, because it was absolutely amazing!!!


I wanted to wear something casual but not too casual, so here's what I ended up with. This is actually the first time I've worn these shoes! They're really similar to the black strappy wedges from Old Navy that I've worn a lot this summer, and they're SO comfortable! I stuck with the gray/metallic accessories with this purse I just rediscovered in my closet and the metallic belt. (Photo shoot again compliments of Miss Ashlee Lynn!)







Outfit
Skirt/Lace Cami/Wedges: Old Navy
Plain Cami: The Buckle
Bracelets: For Love 21, Charlotte Russe
Necklace: For Love 21
Flower Ring: Target
Sunglasses: Delia's


7 comments:

  1. oooh I love the Wizard of Oz! Grr @ them for no photography allowed! I love the pic of you laying down by the flowers. lol Really cute!

    Love the outfit as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great summer outfit! Love the metallic touch. I love ON too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute shoes. I tried those on at ON, but it felt like they were squeezing my toes! :( Hope you're having a fab day sweetie!

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, I know the words to every song in the wizard of oz. I had to sing 'over the rainbow' as a solo infront of 600 people! scary.

    Love the outfit by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello cuteness!! I love the black and blue combo and those shoes are seriously hot, your jewellery is so lovely too, lovin' the owl and the flower ring <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is PERFECT for a play...I imagine it was at Castle High School?
    Besides loving the shoes, I'm sure you know what else I'm eyeing BIGTIME in this outfit of yours> hmmmmmm....what could it be; duh the OWL!
    By the way, to answer your questions about how tall I am....let's just say I'm not Kelly Wanhainen tall but really really strive to be that tall :) nope, shortie me is only like 5'6" maybe 5'7" if I learn to correct my posture...grrrrr...I wanna be 5"10" at least!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha that looks awesome! I love the way you accessorize, I need to do that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by- I always love hearing from you xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails