Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Love: Sephora Collection

As mentioned in the last post, several of the makeup products I was wearing are new and have become some of my new favorites/daily staples! All three are from the Sephora Collection.



I'll start from left to right:
  1. Sephora Collection, Lip Attitude- Star in Capricious Red. ($12) The website describes it as being a mixture of lipstick and lip gloss, and it is a perfect combination of just that. I like that it's more subtle than most lipsticks due to it's glossy/sheer color and has the perfect amount of shimmer to not be overwhelming. I love this color because it really compliments the coral-red colors I have been wearing a lot lately.
  2. Kohl Waterproof Eyeliner in Keep Black. ($9) I had read about Korres eyeliner on a blog around Christmas time, but never saw it anywhere when I thought to look. It caught my eye again in Sephora last weekend, but it was placed strategically close to the Sephora Collection Kohl Waterproof Eyeliner, which was significantly cheaper. I like the idea of anything that's waterproof that's around my eyes, because they're nothing worse than "bleeding" eyeliner or mascara due to swear, tears from eye irritation, or anything else. I am SO glad I bought this- it goes on SO easily and SO smoothly, and it STAYS on. When I wore it out the night in Chicago, any other eyeliner would normally have been long gone by the time I got home, but it took a shower AND a good scrubbing with makeup remover to come off, which is a huge benefit as far as I'm concerned. Since then I've found that just that makeup remover works best so as to not totally traumatize the poor skin of yours eyes. ;-)
  3. Sephora Collection Colorful Mono Eyeshadow in Creme Caramel (Matte). ($12) I am always looking for new neutral colors that can be incorporated into "going-out" makeup or just worn on a daily basis. I LOVE this color, because it is actually a little warmer than the picture above, and it is just about the same color as my skin, so I can even use it as an extra little layer of concealer under my eyes when needed. I LOVE using this when I'm going for emphasis on eye-liner/mascara and when paired with the lipstick to keep things toned down and not over the top. The different shades come in matte, glittering, or metallic shimmer, and definitely are long lasting. I am looking forward to trying new colors in the future.
I think overall all three of these products have made me realize that you can find makeup that you don't have to spend a FORTUNE on that is still really high in quality. They were all slightly higher priced than most comparable products I have used in the past, but so far have proven to be worth every penny! Do YOU have any favorites from the Sephora Collection you would recommend trying next?

Katelyn and I both in the Capricious Red lipstick.


4 comments:

  1. I so wish we had Sephora in the UK :-(

    http://ninety2wo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yellow dress and boots that you are wearing in your banner.

    In honor of our blog's birthday we are hosting a giveaway. Stop by and enter.

    http://sunnydaystarrynight.blogspot.com/2011/03/birthday-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the Lip Attitude: I actually just picked up that same one while I was on the prowl for the new coral gloss from NARS' summer collection. I was so psyched when I found this for $12 instead. I read a few peeps online didn't care for the wear time but I find with properly exfoliating prior, it can last several hours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by- I always love hearing from you xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails