Sunday, February 28, 2010

STATE, Some Shopping, and Some Future Olympians

It was a busy weekend for our family! I went up to Indianapolis Friday early afternoon because my little brother (Who's actually well over 6 foot and not so little) made it to STATE in Boys Swimming! So proud of him! I, of course, played the role of proud big sister and even painted my face for him. Better get some major points for that one... I didn't even show that much school spirit when I was IN high school!

(Dane and I! By the way, he's not always bald- they just bleach their hair for sectionals then shave it for State! Makes it hard to tell who's who when you're watching everyone swim, because they ALL do it!)

As a side note, while everyone else was waiting in line Friday to get in, my dad and I snuck off to the mall. Lord knows I can't resist Circle Center if the chance arises. We were a bit short on time so I did manage to drag him in to For Love 21, where I picked up these few little goodies, all for under $20!!


They did awesome in the 200 Medley Relay, but just missed the cut for Finals the next day. His 200 Free Relay kicked some serious ass and made it to to finals, but unfortunately they got disqualified... though no one is sure exactly who did what. I guess the judges don't tell you, which seems kind of stupid to me. Regardless, they all swam AMAZINGLY well, and it was SO fun to watch him compete against the best guys in the state!!! Had they not been disqualified, they would have been ranked 6th in the whole state.

I'm still so proud of him for coming so far this season, as he managed to cut several seconds off of his 50 Free time. I'm sure he'll be even better this summer and next year, so we'll likely be back at State again next year!


(The boys getting led in for their 200 Free Relay @ Finals to "Pour Some Sugar On Me". I approved.)

One of the guys from Chesterton, Kyle Whitaker, even broke some more State AND National records. This is a guy who, two weeks before swimming against my brother in a meet during the season, was swimming against Michael Phelps in Germany. You can expect to see him in the 2012 Olympics I'm sure.

(Dane trying to understand us telling him they made it to finals after their 200 Free Relay, and that's Kyle Whitaker walking in front of him!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by- I always love hearing from you xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails