Friday, June 25, 2010

Outfit Post: Summer in Chicago!

Thursday, Ashlee and I went running around Chicago all day while my dad was at work. He conveniently enough lives just a few blocks away from the Shedd Aquarium, right next to Lake Michigan, so we took full advantage of that! I was obviously thrilled because I love anything that involves live penguins. I also was able to get some new and exciting outfit pictures with what I think are some pretty good backgrounds! :-)


Outfit
Dress: TJ Maxx

Leggings (The dress was a bit too short to go without them!): Old Navy

Shoes: Old Navy

Purse: Guess what? Old Navy


At one point we were trying to do a timer picture (On her camera, because she kept yelling at me for trying to use mine. SO... I don't have that picture to post. Eh emmm. ASHLEE.) and a woman came up to offer to take it for us, but she was kind of confused because we had the camera sort of wedged in a flower box, and she couldn't really tell what we were posing for. What can I say, it was too good of a background to pass up!





We also took advantage of the free entry to the Chicago Art Institute (Thursday Nights from 5-8! This is one of my first discoveries via FourSquare, which may be my new favorite thing.) and I got to see THE IMPRESSIONISM EXHIBIT! Eeeekkk! I love impressionism... so I was darting around the rooms of the exhibit like a kid on Christmas hopping from one familiar painting to the next. I was also thrilled with myself for discovering that the original Van Gogh bedroom painting had BLACK OUTLINES, because in High School we had an assignment to kind of replicate a famous painting, and my art teacher was not pleased with my black outlines.



I've got another outfit post or two to get up at some point, and probably another picture post for some more Chicago pictures. You can also expect some kind of restaurant review to go up soon on Wonderland Kitchen because it wouldn't be a successful Chicago trip if I didn't indulge myself in some amazing and probably way too fattening food.

7 comments:

  1. CUTE dress! I have one very similiar :)

    OMG, that seahorse pic is to die for!!! Soo cool!

    Take care :)

    -Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cool that you got to see some original Van Goghs.

    I love your tan. (and your outfit too, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I would love to see some of Van Gogh's original paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look good. and you made me regret that i chose to take a summmer job over summer vacation!

    visit-follow me?
    Lovely Curse

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute in this dress and it goes great with the bag! and I love how penguins walk haha, Happy Feet is still one of my favourite movies <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by- I always love hearing from you xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails