Thursday, July 15, 2010

Brother Sister Craft Bonding!


Currently: procrastinating on packing for this weekend's Chicago trip, REALLY frustrated with my bank and the seemingly never ending troubles with this online banking system, and needing to take some advil from this ridiculous headache that has somehow snuck up on me in the last hour! A yi yi!

Ok, thanks for listening to that little vent... now onto something much more pleasant: CRAFTING! My little brother wanted to make a tie-up blanket for his girlfriend (I think, no one really ever knows if they're officially dating or not) for her birthday, so he had me help him with it. It was so cute, he came up with the idea for it himself and picked out the fleece pattern that he thought she would like! He even insisted on doing most of the work himself. I did the cutting to make sure that the ties would all be the same length, but he did all the knotting himself. Too adorable.




Penske getting in on the action, napping with all the scraps.

The blankets are really simple to make- I recommend doing a yard and a half of fleece for each side, in one pattern and one solid. You then just line the two pieces up together (Make sure they're about the same width and everything... it's ok if they don't line up exactly) and cut strips all along each side, and then knot all the strips together! Most craft stores also carry kits with fabric already cut and paired up, and these should have directions on them as well.

After I was done with the cutting I just had to take it for a test run and make sure it was comfy enough ;-)

This definitely had me wanting to make another one, because I haven't made one for years, and I think I want one that's a little bigger than the first one I ever made. Now just to decide on the pattern I want!!


2 comments:

  1. awww....I just love it when guys make handmade crafty things for the special ladies in their lives ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, how sweet that your little brother helped you craft! Sounds like a lot of fun.

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by- I always love hearing from you xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails