My friend's German exchange student is back in town for the summer, and when she came over for dinner one night, she was wearing a flower hair clip made out of ribbon. I've been finding myself getting more into bows lately (We used to wear them ALL THE TIME in high school... kind of as a "scene" thing I guess when we were into the whole punk rock thing) and so I really wanted to make some bow and flower hair accessories.

I went to JoAnn's and just grabbed a few different spools of ribbon, some buttons, gems, hair clips, and head bands, and figured I would just see how it all ended up coming together. I still want to do a more detailed headband, and have some other ideas for bows and flowers with different buttons and things that I bought, but here are some pictures of what I have done so far.




I also did a "picture how-to" for making the basic bow, in case this sparks any motivation to go and do it yourself!! It's all super easy... the real trick is just trying to deal with the annoying little strings of hot glue that insist on forming with every drop of glue you lay down.


(If you don't feel like going through the motions to actually make the bows, most craft stores will have pre-made bows and other various little hair accessories to add to your clips/headbands as well)
I went to JoAnn's and just grabbed a few different spools of ribbon, some buttons, gems, hair clips, and head bands, and figured I would just see how it all ended up coming together. I still want to do a more detailed headband, and have some other ideas for bows and flowers with different buttons and things that I bought, but here are some pictures of what I have done so far.
I also did a "picture how-to" for making the basic bow, in case this sparks any motivation to go and do it yourself!! It's all super easy... the real trick is just trying to deal with the annoying little strings of hot glue that insist on forming with every drop of glue you lay down.
(If you don't feel like going through the motions to actually make the bows, most craft stores will have pre-made bows and other various little hair accessories to add to your clips/headbands as well)
so simple and so cute!!
ReplyDeleteooh these are cute, I love the bow headband! unfortunately, bows look really stupid on me- like I'm trying to look younger than my age, I can never pull them off!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the comment Alex! and thank you for being such a supportive follower!
ReplyDeleteI love getting crafty, making something for yourself is always so forfilling. The bow headband is cute, I'd love to see what you come up with next.
I love them all - but the big bow on the head band is particularly cute.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the crafty awesomeness^^
www.adventuresofagirlfromthenaki.blogspot.com
simple is cute! thanks for posting!
ReplyDeletei'd probably try to make some in my spare time.
These hair accessories are adorable. Thanks for sharing your simple bow tutorial. I would love to see this bow on my niece’s hair clips. I can't wait to try.
ReplyDelete