I was waiting to post this for one reason only: getting the fried green beans picture from Nickie at Wild as a Mink. Because YES, I finally got to meet her! She had been having some internet issues but finally got her Fall Fest post up (You can read here), so I stole a few of the pictures from her ;-) I guess you could call it a mini-blogger meet up of sorts, featuring the lovely Sew Me Some Love (My roommate, Kelly), Lalalaurynnn, and Nickie, and then we threw in our good friend Mandy who was visiting from St. Louis as well. Not to mention the million other people we met up with AT the Festival... because you sure can't go there without seeing everyone you have ever known in the city.
(All of the girls with our bug-lollipops)
(Keeping it classy with our "Southern Apples" and "Apple Jacks"... aka alcoholic apple cider)
For those of you who don't know, Fall Festival is what Evansvillians (Evansville, IN) claim to be the "second largest street festival next to Mardi Gras". Whether that is actually true or not is beyond me, but everyone down there sure likes to think so. It has the whole carnival-rides-games thing going on, but the REAL deal is the food. There are over a hundred booths selling ANY kind of food you can probably think of. Especially the really disgusting kinds: brain sandwiches, alligator, turkey testicles, chocolate covered bugs, and any weird combination of things you could think of.
This year I got way too full way too early, but we had a good system of kind of just sharing everything everyone bought, so I tried a little bit of: fried green beans, sweet potato fries, deep fried bacon (sorry arteries), Texas tenderloin, apple cider, annnnd a scorpion lollipop. Much to my dismay I didn't actually get to the scorpion because I REALLY accidentally dropped it before I could get there. I wasn't too mad though, because the lollipop itself tasted horrible. One thing I did miss this year was the deep fried cookie dough, but I was way too full to even think about that.




And of course, outfit pictures! I had to put SOME effort into that given that I was finally meeting my "blogger big sister" Nickie. I think our group was probably the classiest to be seen at the Fest... a place most notorious for it's people watching. (Mullet count, anyone?)


(All of the girls with our bug-lollipops)For those of you who don't know, Fall Festival is what Evansvillians (Evansville, IN) claim to be the "second largest street festival next to Mardi Gras". Whether that is actually true or not is beyond me, but everyone down there sure likes to think so. It has the whole carnival-rides-games thing going on, but the REAL deal is the food. There are over a hundred booths selling ANY kind of food you can probably think of. Especially the really disgusting kinds: brain sandwiches, alligator, turkey testicles, chocolate covered bugs, and any weird combination of things you could think of.
This year I got way too full way too early, but we had a good system of kind of just sharing everything everyone bought, so I tried a little bit of: fried green beans, sweet potato fries, deep fried bacon (sorry arteries), Texas tenderloin, apple cider, annnnd a scorpion lollipop. Much to my dismay I didn't actually get to the scorpion because I REALLY accidentally dropped it before I could get there. I wasn't too mad though, because the lollipop itself tasted horrible. One thing I did miss this year was the deep fried cookie dough, but I was way too full to even think about that.



And of course, outfit pictures! I had to put SOME effort into that given that I was finally meeting my "blogger big sister" Nickie. I think our group was probably the classiest to be seen at the Fest... a place most notorious for it's people watching. (Mullet count, anyone?)
Outfit
Dress: Target
Leggings, Sweater: Old Navy
Bracelets, Hair Flower, Boots: Charlotte Russe
Dress: Target
Leggings, Sweater: Old Navy
Bracelets, Hair Flower, Boots: Charlotte Russe
Nickie said she gained (and then quickly lost) something like 10 pounds just from that week. Thank god I was only there for one night, and also that I do not even own a scale, because I wouldn't even WANT to know. But in the name of terribly unhealthy but wonderfully delicious food, we all justify it. After all, it's only once a year!!!
And one last thing- new recipe up at Wonderland Kitchen for PUMPKIN CREAM PASTA! Yum!

And one last thing- new recipe up at Wonderland Kitchen for PUMPKIN CREAM PASTA! Yum!
Just clicked over here from Nickie's site...what a hilarious fair. Alcoholic apple cider and deep fried bacon sounds like a dinner of champions to me! Love your hair accessory, so cute!
ReplyDeletexoxo, Ashley
you look so pretty :) love your makeup^^
ReplyDeletedrey jewelry.
You looked adorable, love the pop of gray in the boots, and that flower pin was the perfect touch! AND, OMG that pasta looks so good!
ReplyDeleteyou look gorgeous, I love your outfit! the flower is too cute and the colours really compliment each other. Erm, not loving the food so much- brain sandwiches and bugs? wth?!
ReplyDelete