Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Not-So-Classy Side of NYE 2011

I think the easiest way to do this is to just do a picture post with captions highlighting the crazier parts of the night. Luckily these pictures don't get too embarrassing because I kept setting my camera down and forgetting where I put it all night.... I'll thank the gods of drunken holidays for that one.

Ok, just one classy picture first to hopefully persuade you that we're not really terrible people, or at least that we CAN be classy, sometimes.

The $1.50 WREATH that Ashlee found at WalMart and decided to wear as a sombrero all night. Steven must have borrowed it for the photo shoot.

Ashlee also found cheap ornaments at WalMart and thought it would be a "fun" idea to break them in the street to get out aggression. I don't think anyone else had aggression, but it sounded like fun and we obliged.

Breaking ornaments in the street somehow turned into breaking ornaments on the front porch. Steven wasn't too happy about this, but he did take part in it so he can't really blame us. Luckily for me, someone had the mind to immediately sweep it up, but you'll understand that more fully in later pictures.

Meet Riley: the happiest drunk guy in the entire world. This picture may also capture the approximate time when Kelly and I started to go downhill. Or maybe uphill, depending on how you look at it.

Here's the result of previously shown "happiest drunk guy ever" getting shoved into a wall for maybe or maybe not kissing a nameless someone's ex girlfriend. As far as we could tell, he recovered quickly and went on *not quite as happy way.

Ashlee's wreath-sombrero has progressed to being a bizarre collar of sorts. Unaware of who the author was with the fridge letter phrase.

The drink Kelly is holding in her hand? Chances are it's probably 90% vodka and 10% green beverage of some sort. And then you have Katelyn, who is serious about getting down to business with her two red bulls and two bud lights. Sarah and Lauryn are both sporting their mustache flasks.

This face of mine clearly has sobriety written all over it, and Max would appear to be pouring some sort of drink down Annissa's dress? Kelly is probably blacked out at this point, not that anyone can ever tell.

Woo! Made it to midnight. In the background you can see Lauryn still celebrating with enthusiasm several minutes after the clock has actually struck the new year.

And to cap it all off with the highlight of the night: Here I am walking to the car SHOELESS in the rain because after taking my heels off and setting them safely under a chair to give my feet a break, BLACKED OUT KELLY (Which believe me, is a WHOLE 'nother personality from the other Kelly) for some reason took the shoes and put them in our friend Max's car before he left. She had NO recollection of this, even as I kept asking her if she had seen them while we frantically searched the apartment for them. Shoes have since been safely recovered with the aid of Katelyn.


Now, hopefully you don't think TOO much less of me, as I assure you I am a fully functioning and responsible member of society on the majority of other nights of the year. Last college New Year's Eve was a success. Also a big ol' thank you to my darling little brother for driving halfway across town to pick us up at 2am as our sober ride... Love ya bub!


5 comments:

  1. Ah, what a great night. I really think new years shows everyones best and worst qualities. My worst is clearly stealing my bff's shoes, and my best is for sure my ability to mix drinks to fit the occasion. I'm so glad you refered to Riley as "the happiest drunk guy in the entire world" because I still have no idea how he didn't get super pissed about being thrown into a wall. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I wouldn't say he completely recovered from being thrown into the wall... every time I saw him after he was super super pissed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! You girls are so much fun...and I'm glad to see my lil' sis kelly is just like me...blackout drunk! (this is why part of my new year's resolution is to not drink in excess...i tend to blackout nearly every single time. Whoopsies)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this post! its always awesome seeing sober eyes pictures from the beginning of a night to drunk-y eyes in the end.

    ps. your lipstick? i love it!

    xo.anna marie
    www.thetinysprout.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at the post title. Soooo much fun...ah, to be young and single again. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by- I always love hearing from you xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails