Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Snow Surprise!

I was of course delighted at the flurries yesterday, but never dreamed they'd turn into a few inches of snow for me to wake up to! I did, however, wake up to the "nails on a chalkboard" sound of the stairs outside my window being scraped off, and that incessant beeping noise trucks make as they cleared our parking lot for what seemed like hours. Still, I love the white blanketed ground!

Today's outfit was kind of just thrown together on account of me desperately needing to do laundry and not really having had time for it with all sorts of meetings and homeworks and classes and blah blah blah. I'll be glad when friday comes, even if I still have a test and a quiz and probably a million homeworks next week.



All bundled up to brave the wind storm!

Eyelet skirt detail- right before I realized I was in desperate need of a lint roller.

Outfit
Leggings, high waisted eyelet skirt (yeah I know it's even a little high for a high waisted skirt, but my boobs make things difficult and it generally works best this way trying to pass it off as a dress), and pocket v-neck, ALL OLD NAVY. Scarf- American Eagle, Coat- Worthington. And as far as I can guess the belt probably came there too. As for the cross necklace, you've probably noticed I've been wearing it with every outfit lately... I just re-discovered my cross collection and still need to polish a few of the other ones. The glass bead necklace is the one Betsy brought me from Italy. My hair was doing the super super flat thing, but what can you do?

Oh, and did I mention that I'm 95% sure I'm going to San Francisco on Valentine's weekend!? I was trying to get up to visit my dad in Chicago, but he's all booked up with traveling, so he decided to cash in some frequent flyer miles to fly me out on his trip with him since his weekend was mostly free. I'm hoping to do some of the touristy stuff I didn't get to do the first time there (GOLDEN GATE, perhaps a freezing cold trolley ride!), but either way I'm SO EXCITED!!!

2 comments:

  1. i like all the details - nice look, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You say you just threw this outfit together, but if that's the case you did quite nicely! I would totally wear this, I love it!
    Oooooh and SF for valentines day! LUCKY...I sooooo want to go there sometime soon, I have so many friends that live out there, and they've all been to visit me, yet I've not made one single trip out there. Let me know how it is, I think I'd fall in love with SF's weather if I went there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by- I always love hearing from you xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails