
First thing's first:
KELLY'S NEW CAMERA IS AMAZING! It takes SUCH good pictures even in the most horrible lighting. So we took advantage and took a few pictures before we left on our errands today.

(We even managed to figure out some way to do timer pictures in the back yard area, despite neither of us owning a tripod!)
Outfit
Dress: Old Navy
Ribbed Leggings: Target
Boots: Trusty old Uggs
Purse: Nine West
Belt/Necklace: I don't even remember!
We didn't quite make it to all of our destinations for errands, since my Sudafed was wearing off and I felt like I was border-lining death, but we did at least make it to brunch (more like dinner at that point), JoAnn's, and Wal Mart.
As always, I bought way more than necessary at JoAnn's. They always have way too many cute scrap booking things on sale, so I bought a few new pages for Dane's Senior Memory Book, a few for my continuing scrapbooks, and some embellishments, as well as a mini 12-page book to do for my best friend Emily's daughter's first birthday. I have so many cute pictures of Lily, and those mini scrap books are so fun and easy to do! I'm sure I'll have trouble keeping it within the 12 pages!
At Wal Mart I finally picked up the frames for the Lady Gaga photo shoot in Elle, and I really like the way they turned out! The close up picture was a 2 page spread, with the other page mostly just consisting of her hair and background, and I thought it would be cool to do a split-frame of that in 2 frames. However, the "crouching" picture was on the back of the second page, and I REALLY liked that one, so I just settled for the 3 separate pictures. I think she is just absolutely fascinating and bizarre, and the pictures were really fun. I like them above my desk much more than the previous poster of Times Square that had been hanging there.


I've still got a few more little decor projects I want to do for my room. I'm in the market for some kind of black bookshelf, or I guess just one I can even paint black, because the current space I've got for books just isn't cutting it! I've got a little shelving unit that is actually an entertainment center which I think I'll take home to my room at my parents house if I can find something good to replace it with, just for the sake of not overcrowding my room. It drives me crazy when there is too much furniture!

It's been hard for me because of the way it is set up
(and the fact that my bed wall is painted as a focal point, above) makes it hard to do much rearranging of furniture, which I'm used to doing at least every other month normally! I suppose I'll just settle for re-organizing and re-doing wall decor, and maybe adding some curtains in the near future. ;-)
OMG--I'm so excited about Kelly's new camera..it takes great shots! Is it a point n shoot? Or a full blown expensive camera? Anyway, I can't wait to see more and more of your girls' outfits and whatever else you photograph.
ReplyDeleteBTW--your bedroom is gorgeous, I love the color scheme,and even if the painted wall doesn't allow for rearranging at least you know it looks awesome as is!
Great pictures! YOU ladies are too pretty!! And yes,once you gals get to NYC it's definitely shopping time! Its what Nickie and I do best!
ReplyDeleteLovely room, you should come decorate my non-fancy place. really, it could use some sprucing up.