Thursday, June 10, 2010

Up Close and Personal


In a post I did a bit ago, Rai noticed my tattoo peeking out of my shoes (as it frequently does) and wanted to see a close up, so I thought I'd do a post with a few pictures.


I've had it since the summer after my senior year of high school (2007). I actually got it done in two parts, shown below. I had been wanting to get something for a while, and my best friend Lauryn was also wanting to get one, so she ended up convincing me to get an appointment with her. You can see my hesitation... I'm actually not at ALL a fan of needles, so quite frankly everyone was a little surprised when I ended up going through with it. did the design of the first part myself... it's an Aries sign and an A (for Alex...).

I've always been interested in Astrology, not so much that I completely believe in it, but just find it fascinating. I have also always felt that the typical characteristics of an Aries REALLY represent me to the T (both good and bad), and figured that would not be anything that would ever change.

(You all are getting this rarely seen pictures of me in the process of the tattoo... which are OH SO attractive. Haha)




I went and got the background negative shooting stars added later when I went to get the first part touched up. My dad, who went with me to get the first part, wasn't so happy about THAT little addition... and worried over my ability to get a job in the future with such a prominent display. Honestly though, if you're not going to hire me because of a tattoo on my INNER ankle, then I probably don't want to work for you anyways!!


I think that next will be a "family tattoo" with my dad and brother, once he turns 18 in December. I still need to work on the design of that, and think of a good discrete place to put it.


7 comments:

  1. hey now, look at those babies I LOVE those shoes girl!! ouch, that look like PAIN!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gorgeous! Your tattoo is so pretty, the swirly stars are my favourite part. Also, yay name mention! How badly did it hurt? When I got mine done it was fine til it got close to my collarbone and hurt like hell then... I'm wanting to get an ankle tattoo next :3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I love watching people get tattoos! It's always an experience! I have 3 tattoos and I'm ready for more!

    UMM those shoes, I need to know where those came from! Gosh, super cute, but don't torture me if I can't get now and in a size 11 lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tattoo and those shoes!

    Thanks for joining Color Week over on my blog! I can't wait to see your photos!

    xo's
    Cat
    www.nowoodenspoons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool, I have a peace sign on my wrist. I also would say that the characteristics of a picses match me perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your tattos! does it hurt?

    ReplyDelete
  7. those shoes??? we need to know where you got them gorgeous things!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by- I always love hearing from you xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails