Sunday, September 19, 2010

Daisy Dukes... No Bikini on Top


First of all... hello to the new followers gathered in the last few weeks! It's always so fun seeing new faces around here and in turn finding new blogs! If you're a recent follower and haven't heard from me, if you could do me a huge favor and comment with a link to your blog, I'd appreciate it. I always try to check them out but sometimes blogger is weird about settings and I can't get to your blogs from your profiles.

Yesterday was one of those days. I'm sure you all know exactly what I'm talking about... a day when you're trying to get dressed for nothing really in particular, and you have no idea what to wear, or are sick of wearing the same things over and over, or something like that. I really think I fumbled around trying to get myself dressed for close to two hours (doing other important things like Facebooking in the meantime, of course).

Finally, as luck would have it, one of my "Blogger Big Sisters" Nickie at Wild as a Mink just happened to put up a post as a sort of send off for her cutoff jean shorts.


You should understand that I hardly EVER wear shorts in public, but this summer dug up a pair of cutoffs that I actually only used for a "Cowboys and Indians" party a few years back, and decided I really liked them. However, this may be the only time I ever actually put any effort into making them into an outfit. The cutoffs with boots turned out to be exactly what I was looking for in yesterdays outfit. So a BIG thank you to Nickie for the unintentional inspiration with that one.

Oh, and I've mentioned how much I LOVE my cowboy boots, right? Not that you couldn't just figure that out on your own.... haha.


Outfit
T-Shirt, Cami, Scarf: Old Navy
Cutoff Jean Shorts: Originally Old Navy Jeans
Boots: R.C.C. Western

8 comments:

  1. OMG I hate those days...it's like you have a full wardrobe, but you can't find anything that you feel looks good on you, haha, usually those end up jeans/jumper days for me. But you've done a great job! I love how you always brighten up your outfits with scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool outfit. And what a pair of legs you have, haha.
    Im a new follower and you can find my blog here: http://malou-welovecurves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, that outfit is so cute on you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this outfit is awesome!

    http://2manycupcakes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, you look absolutely fab! I would love to be able to pull of a pair of shorts the way you do :) hot mama! sending you lots of love sweetie

    <3 Anika
    www.sweetfacedstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so gorgeous!! And your legs look great in those shorts! I love how you added the scarf and those boots are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fantastic lady! And I kind of want to steal those cowboy boots ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well what are big sisters for if not for outfit inspiration! Glad I could help you figure out what to wear...you should wear this short and cowboy boot combo at least one more time before Fall sets in bigtime...you look awesome!
    Oh and PS-how excited are you to hang out finally? I'm getting soooooooooooooo stoked! Can't wait to meet you and paint the town red, or just eat our way thru the Fall Festival! YUM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by- I always love hearing from you xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails