Monday, September 13, 2010

Get Your Plaid On!

I'm doing SO well with keeping up with regular postings, eh?! I guess I do feel like I've been much busier than normal, mostly just getting used to being back in classes... and I've been traveling pretty much every weekend since school started.

I have definitely picked up the Fall Fever, and it kills me that these stubborn temperatures are hovering in the mid to low 80's on most days. Come on mother nature, can I get a mid or even low 70? Pretty please? I don't want the weather to go rushing off into anything too extreme, but I've got a few cardigans and long sleeved dresses just dying to jump out of the closet.

Take, for example, this longer sleeved plaid shirt-dress from Old Navy! I wondered if it was a bit too "Patriotic" when I bought it, but the other colors were mostly black and gray, which I may have a bit too much of already. (Ok, false, I don't think there's such thing as too much black as long as you have some colorful accessories to balance it out!) I ended up wearing it to a Cookout on September 11... so low and behold, patriotic seemed to be the theme of the day and I unintentionally fit right in.







Outfit
Dress, Flip Flops, Leggings: Old Navy

Guitar Necklace, Belt: Forever 21

Purse: Charlotte Russe


The weather was maybe just a BIT warm for the longer sleeves, but as the sun went down it was a pretty comfortable outfit! I absolutely love the button leggings. Old Navy has surprisingly proven pretty trustworthy in long-lasting leggings, and I love when they have the subtle detailing. They run around $15, but you can usually find them on sale, and like I said, they do last for quite a while!

Now I'm off to do some MORE readings... readings that I probably should have done earlier, but neglected in favor of registering for the GMAT and researching Business Schools for my MBA, all of which really needed to be done anyways.

For those of you with a sweet tooth, feel free to stop on by Wonderland Kitchen for this DELICIOUS Nutella Cheesecake Brownie recipe, borrowed from Miss Valerie over at Red Vines for Breakfast! They're amazing!



3 comments:

  1. hehe this is so bad but I totally blanked out when I read nutella cheesecake brownie. I had to scroll up to recheck your outfit :P I really do miss your outfit posts, you always look so beautiful and effortless (this look is no exception)but things must be really hectic now that you're back to school.
    I've been searching for something similar to wear as a shirt- dress but no luck yet. And hey, you can wear leggings! it's still too hot to wear anything that sticks to skin over here :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your plaid top and your makeup looks so pretty in these pictures! I'm so excited that you liked the nutella cheesecake brownies! I think I'm going to make them again next weekend for my family when I go visit them. I'm addicted. Thanks for linking back to me!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo! leggings....!!!! love the top!


    chunkyfunkymonkeyz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by- I always love hearing from you xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails