Alright Alright- I've pretty much convinced myself that the only things I've ever seen on advertisements or commercials that I've ever decided "Ohh, I'd like to have that" are cars, alcohol, occasionally food, and MASCARA. I don't know why, but they make those commercials so damn good every time that when I see them I've got to try it out.
The latest buy is L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara of Penelope Cruz fame. It's not QUITE as good as they make it out to be, and it really only looked anything similar to the commercial when paired with another mascara (I do this a lot... combine different kinds for volume/length/separation, etc).
The latest buy is L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara of Penelope Cruz fame. It's not QUITE as good as they make it out to be, and it really only looked anything similar to the commercial when paired with another mascara (I do this a lot... combine different kinds for volume/length/separation, etc).
Here's the telescopic with the other two I usually use: Rimmel London's Glam Eyes and CoverGirl's Lash Blast. I don't really like the Lash Blast unless it's applied OVER something because otherwise it is too difficult to remove. The Glam Eyes is great, but I usually throw on a little lash blast to add volume.The Telescopic was a little difficult to put on due to the tinier brush, though that did help get all of the lashes, as the commercial claims. I also had a little bit of trouble with TOO much mascara coming out on the brush, so I kind of had to use the brush on the tops of the lashes to almost "comb" them out a bit.
Here's a close up of the Telescopic paired with the Glam Eyes. It is a lot more subtle when it's not right up close, which is good for day to day wear, but maybe not so much for going out.
Today I did the same thing, but without any eyeliner and very little mascara on the bottom lashes. It was hard to get a decent picture thanks to the quality of my camera phone and the lighting of my bathroom (and pardon the VERY sleepy under eyes) but I really liked the way it turned out in person. It looked a little more natural and subtle.

it looks really good on you!!
ReplyDeletexo,
the little violet dress